Sally Fitzgibbons is through to the Rio Pro final after narrowly defeating Carissa Moore in the Billabong Pro Rio at Barra Da Tijuca.
Moore, the reigning world champion, notched an impressive 15.36 but 21 year-old Fitzgibbons tallied 15.47 to gain first place.
Facing off against Coco Ho in the final, Fitzgibbons came from behind to superbly secure her victory, defeating Ho's 14.03 with a score of 14.10. It was Fitzgibbons' second win of the season and the Australian closed the gap between her and current front runner Stephanie Gilmore.
CURRENT ASP WOMEN’S WCT TOP 5 (After Billabong Rio Pro):
1. Stephanie Gilmore (AUS) 38,400 pts
2. Sally Fitzgibbons (AUS) 36,900 pts
3. Carissa Moore (HAW) 30,200 pts
4. Courtney Conlogue (USA) 29,600 pts
5. Tyler Wright (AUS) 28,700 pts